Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspiration #8: Communication

We've been snowed in since Friday night.  Slowly but surely, this has pushed me to clear out the backlog of emails and notes I've been wanting to send to my friends.  After you hit a certain threshold of playing video games in your pajamas it just has to happen.

Part of this is 100% social, but I've also been thinking more and more about how I might use my friends to research my novel.  Quite a few of my characters have had life experiences that I find very impactful and have seen tangentially, but I haven't actually been through it myself.  Right now these characters are basically likable, but underdeveloped because there are aspects of their lives I need to learn about and understand in greater detail.

So when I'm not pushing for that level 70 milestone in World of Warcraft (really have to reign that habit in), I'm going to be catching up with friends who are far away and -- hopefully! -- learning a bit about my fictional characters as well.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment