Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Inspiration #3: I Like You

Having silly little crushes on people always makes life more fun and interesting, especially when it's the kind of feeling where you just want to make them a mix CD and talk about music for hours over some Yuengling Black & Tan.

The last time I felt this way about someone I made a playlist and decided not to make it official because that person...well, they wouldn't have loved it in the way I wanted them to.  Anyway, today I was inspired again to make a playlist, sing along to it while making dinner (french onion soup with little toasts and goat cheese, since you asked), and imagine burning it to a CD with a little note attached.  And maybe I will!  If I like you, I've probably made a mix tape for you at some point -- or a mix CD in recent years, since times have certainly changed since the days of painstakingly recording mixes on my boom box.  My favorite music -- and the pieces of it I think you'll love -- is sort of how I explain the finer details of who I am.  And if I've ever really, really wanted to compile a bunch of music and throw it on a CD for you, it means I'd really like for us to get to know each other a little better, I just can't quite find my own words to say so.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment