Monday, February 22, 2010

Inspiration #22: Purging

I'm the kind of person who can see a pile of stuff that needs to be sorted through, shove it in a corner, and not touch it for two years.  Don't even try to imagine what happened when my parents brought a van full of my childhood possessions to my house and dumped them in the basement.  (Okay, fine, I'll admit it: I haven't really gone down to the basement to do anything but laundry for nearly a year and a half).

On the flip side, we learned all the way back on Inspiration #6 (wow, is this over yet?) that I need a clean, quiet, uncluttered work space.  Also, I secretly pine for a more minimalist life (Inspiration #12).  These are the things I feel I need to be most productive and most creative.

For the past few days I've been possessed by a strong desire to purge these clutter piles from my life, surround myself with smooth, uninterrupted surfaces.  As painful as the purging process can be, I also find it one of the most fulfilling chores I do around the house.  Today I felt extra rewarded by finding a total of $115 in gift cards to Target and Amazon.

Rewards like this are nice, especially when the path to my inspiring, clean, uncluttered work and living space is littered with things like random place cards from my wedding.  Or even better, a screw that, as of December 2, 2007, we can rest assured will never be usable again.  Wonderful.

laptop screw


placecard

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment