Thursday, February 4, 2010

Inspiration #4: Home & Pictures

A while back I stumbled on a photo blog called A Walk Through Durham Township, PA.  Durham Township is right in the area where I grew up -- I guess what you'd call the next town over -- so the photos are all "pictures of home."  I hesitate on whether the photographs themselves inspire me because in a way they're just beautiful pictures.  They're technically gorgeous but don't necessarily push any artistic/conceptual boundaries.  However, I do find myself looking at them to remember what it feels like to be in a place, and I think that's important too, not just how avant-garde or postmodern something is.  I'd guess this blog won "Best American Photoblog" because it captures the spirit of some quintessentially American landscapes, and it's special to me to think I come from just that place.

The blog author seems to value copyright pretty highly so I'm not going to reproduce her images here, but I suggest you check it out at http://www.durhamtownship.com/

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment