Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inspiration #2: Kiss Me It's Beginning to Snow

Today felt frustrating at a number of points, and for the most part I was more than happy to hole up inside with some good friends after work and catch up on a few episodes of American Idol.  Maybe the day made me more cynical than I thought, because I refused to believe we were getting a real snowfall until I stepped out the door to catch my cab home.  Then I found myself in the middle of that beautiful snowfall silence that feels like it just stops the world.

Snow inspires me for several reasons.  One, that silence seems to give my heart room to feel and my mind room to think.  I love the winter, love the cold and the snow -- it's just so invigorating!  On another more practical note, there's a distinct possibility our office will experience a snow delay or even a closure tomorrow.  I'm already closing my eyes and imagining waking up and brewing a steaming mug of coffee, wandering around in my bathrobe and PJs, sitting down to a project, squinting at the light reflecting off the snow and shining in my windows.

And lest you think my white balance is off, nighttime snowfalls really do look like this under our streetlights.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment