Saturday, March 27, 2010

YouTube Artist: Approaching Respectable Job Title?

Sometimes I think I have an addictive personality. While it's true that I can't live without caffeine in my life I've learned over the past few days that a narcotics addiction is just not my speed. I've spent three days hovering in oxycodone dreams, thinking I should write a press release for work or return an e-mail or two or maybe get some writing done.  It's not until I try to do these things that I realize all the sharp edges of my mind have been dulled. I'm not even taking a high dose, but then again I do have a reputation for being a lightweight. 


Today I decided it was time to step it down and start getting back to my normal old self. I still haven't had the inclination to write a word or sing a note or even really read a whole lot of books since my operation on Wednesday, but I did find something really exciting this afternoon.  It's called Musicians Wanted on YouTube and it looks like a program created for people just like me in terms of their career aspirations. Seriously. Check out a couple of their promotional videos.  This looks like it could be really, really cool.  Just another example of how huge and how open the playing field has become in an online media world that encourages us to do and be what ever we want.




On a seemingly unrelated note, thanks to
Dragon Dictation for giving my left hand a break from doing all the typing. This post was born 100% spoken word.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment