Sunday, October 3, 2010

September Goal Review

Happy October! It's a new month, and time to look back on my goals for September. Some went well and some...not so well. I got hit by illness, allergies, and a sick cat and husband to boot, but that's just life. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there's rarely such a thing as extenuating circumstances. So here we go:
  • 15 days of  20+ minutes of writing or editing.
    Not too shabby: I did 50% more writing in September than August, and even though I fell just short of my goal at 12 days, I'm pleased.
  • Work on editing my novel manuscript on at least 10 separate days.
    This is bad news. I worked on it for 5 days, folks.
  • Set a date for a creative retreat weekend in late fall/winter.
    Done and done! I'll be writing at the beach in mid-November.
  • Finish the short story draft I started in August.
    Another no-go. I sent it to a friend to read over for me, but then decided I needed to let it rest for a month. This goal gets bumped to October.
  • Get my hands on some script-writing resources, or team up with someone who knows a thing or two about stage/screenwriting. Set a goal for starting a draft (and make sure it doesn't conflict with NaNoWriMo).
    So I didn't do this, I'm sad about not doing this, and there's really no reason for not doing this. Huh.
  • See Five Women Wearing the Same Dress at Mobtown Theater.
    Mission: accomplished. I may write more about it later, but I was underwhelmed by the experience considering how excited I was to see the show. Incidentally, I also volunteered at—and stayed to watch—Natural Selection at Single Carrot Theatre and thought it was just great. I feel like it was a better script, but I also feel like Single Carrot is just great, so there it is.
  • Register for NaNoWriMo 2010.
    Just jumping in and doing it.
  • Completely empty the portion of the basement I want to remodel, down to nothing but the bare floor and walls, and revise my budget/supply list for the project.
    (This will help get me closer to both a decluttered house and a better office/writing space.)
    I'm working on this, but it's a little more strenuous than I expected, so it's not quite done yet. Here's a picture though:
    Wall Without Cabinets
  • Get out of the house for some cafe writing!
    Did it once, should try to do it more.
All in all, not to bad! Are you looking forward to October? Setting any new personal goals?

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment