Saturday, August 28, 2010

September Writing Goals

It's almost September! You might remember I recently decided to reevaluate my goals for the year and start setting small monthly goals that will (hopefully) keep me on track with what I want to accomplish in 2010.

September has its pros and cons in terms of making progress on my projects. On the plus side, I don't have class until September 27! This three-week break should help me get back in the groove with my writing, but I need to make sure I'm being mindful of all that freed-up time and using it wisely. However, we'll be traveling for two of my four school-less weekends. I need to make sure my goals are realistic given all the visiting we're in for.

That said, here's what I'm hoping for:

  • 15 days of  20+ minutes of writing or editing.
    (As far as I can tell, I've done this for 8 days so far in August.)
  • Work on editing my novel manuscript on at least 10 separate days.
  • Set a date for a creative retreat weekend in late fall/winter.
  • Finish the short story draft I started in August.
  • Get my hands on some script-writing resources, or team up with someone who knows a thing or two about stage/screenwriting. Set a goal for starting a draft (and make sure it doesn't conflict with NaNoWriMo).
  • See Five Women Wearing the Same Dress at Mobtown Theater.
  • Register for NaNoWriMo 2010.
  • Completely empty the portion of the basement I want to remodel, down to nothing but the bare floor and walls, and revise my budget/supply list for the project.
    (This will help get me closer to both a decluttered house and a better office/writing space.)
  • Get out of the house for some cafe writing!
I'm honestly not sure if this sounds like too much or not enough to do in one month, mainly because I have a bad habit of setting (and not reaching) long-term goals and ignoring the need for short-term ones. I'll just have to see how I do this month and revise accordingly for October.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment