Sunday, September 19, 2010

Recovery Mode

I was sick most of this week, and rather than try to get anything done while I was home from work, I decided to leave two of my characters on the cusp of an important reunion and watch season one of Veronica Mars in bed.

Yesterday, though, I felt good enough to install cable television in my house, so there was no excuse for slacking off today! I got up, made some coffee, and finished up the alternate ending for my novel. Woohoo!

To add to the success of the morning, I have to share with you some important findings that will send me back to the darkroom in the near future (assuming my construction in the basement doesn't interfere with its light-tightness).

With good news all around, I discovered I can buy 126 cartridge film. I ordered two rolls, but it was steep! Look at that shipping charge, not to mention $9.95 per roll sticker price.

Instamatic Ordered!
Good thing the internet possesses answers to all things, because this video has given me the confidence to learn how to reload those cartridges with regular 35mm film. Check it out:



So I ordered two cartridges, which I'm going to shoot and then try processing myself. After that, it's all about practicing reloading!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment