Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Feature! (Music Vignettes)

Back when I was writing Words + Images, I made a strict blogging schedule.  I did this primarily to draw traffic, having read somewhere that a predictable schedule increases readership.  About the time I realized my "blog nights" were starting to control my social life and it seemed like a second job, I shut the blog down and reconsidered, eventually landing on this format.

While I doubt Mix Tapes & Scribbles garners me the same kind of Official Blogger rep, I feel better about its goals and intent.  At the same time, I do miss having some kind of structure and connecting thread.

For now, that thread is going to be a weekly creative non-fiction piece.  I'm excited because it's a gratifying genre and this feature will keep me producing small pieces of writing on a regular basis (this feels more and more necessary as novel editing progresses).

Since I talk so much about writing in here, it's apt to give my strong feelings about music a platform.  Each vignette will be told through a musical experience (clues in the post title).  I'm hoping to have the first one up sometime tomorrow (and on Sunday or Monday every week thereafter), so look out!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment