Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just What You Ordered: A Disjointed Post About My Weekend!

This weekend I...

Went outside at 8:30 on Saturday morning, weeded the front bed, and enjoyed my coffee on the porch steps while surveying the neighborhood and taking in the little details that make everyday life so beautiful:

DSC_5014

DSC_5020

I also started singing a new song and actually bothered to record a little snippet of it in Evernote so I'd remember it later.  With my 2010 goals in mind, I'd like to try my hand at working it into a finished product at some point.

Earlier this evening I sat down to my daily writing and got through about three quarters of a page in my notebook before my writing muscles started burning with exhaustion.  All in all, not too bad given my right arm is just barely regaining usefulness.  I'm hoping for a tiny bit more every day, but I'm not going to push the fatigue too hard lest I evoke a return of the sore and sleepless nights.

Not part of the feature presentation here but getting an honorable mention for the weekend are: succumbing to the nesting instinct and planning home improvement projects with tape measure in hand, leveling both my main WoW characters, and overcoming my fear of telephones to discuss possible writing projects.  Whew!

Last but not least, you may have noticed I somehow -- don't ask me how, really -- managed to get a camera up to my face even though I'm unable to lift the top half of my right arm off of my body.  Oh, and I'm still wearing a sling.  Ssshhh!

The Kinetic Sculpture Race in Patterson Park was really too much not to photograph, even though I'm not really an event photographer.  I took around 150 photos (I think), a small sampling of which I uploaded to a little photo essay on Flickr.  Here are a few of my favorites:

DSC_5079

DSC_5022

DSC_5098

DSC_5057

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment