Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Full

This weekend was full of personally significant moments, like I was getting reacquainted with my life again.  I started my application essay (finally deciding to go ahead with my non-profit MBA) and managed to articulate better than ever what I want from life.  Check it out:
My dream job is running a non-profit performing arts center that puts on provocative music and theatre performances and provides a space for youth and adults to hone their craft -- be it acting, writing for the stage or screen, or putting poetry to music. I want to create a safe space where people of all ages and backgrounds can experience the intensity and enchantment of stage performance.
And also, while at a training for work (and secretly for me, too) I heard these words:
"Life is worth the risk."
Life is worth the risk.  Yes.  What good words to hear -- really hear -- right now.  Because to get anywhere we must always be changing, always be willing to dive in headfirst.  What a good thing to remember.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment